We are pleased to share with you the latest edition of “frESH Law Horizons – Key Developments in UK & EU Environment, Safety and Health Law, Procedure and Policy”. In our March edition, we summarise 29 developments in the environmental, safety and health sector. Some of the top stories this month include:
- A £224,000 fine for a chemical manufacturing company after a worker was exposed to chemicals
- A Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development consultation seeking input on the effectiveness of the anti-bribery recommendation
- A government-proposed audit of its Modern Slavery Statement Compliance, interim reports on Modern Slavery Act 2015 and guidance on annual statements
- A £1.8 million fine for a food manufacturer for work at height failures
- A Court of Appeal decision in R v Squibb Group, reducing the fine from £400,000 to £190,000
For more detailed information on these developments, as well as access to the remaining summaries, make sure you download a copy from our website. You can also subscribe to ensure you receive our most recent edition every month.