Our Environmental, Safety & Health team is pleased to share with you the latest edition of our monthly newsletter, frESH Law Horizons: Key Developments in UK & EU Environment, Safety and Health Law and Procedure; providing bite-size updates on EU and UK law, procedure and policy.
This month’s edition includes the following:
- The government has published a consultation on a proposed new Protect Duty closing 2 July 2021.
- Retailer fined £7.56 million for selling food past its use-by date.
- Suspended prison sentence imposed for breach of a reporting restrictions order in a criminal trial.
- High Court entitles private prosecutor to recover expenses incurred prior to commencement of criminal proceedings from central funds.
- New carbon targets announced.
- Single-use carrier bag charge increase.
- The government publishes response on standards for biodegradable, compostable and bio-based plastics.
- The EA has issued updated guidance and positions on various waste and permitting matters.
- Use of “rogue trader” leads to enforcement against landowners.
- EU Commission proposal for a Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD).
- European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) commences study on chemical recycling.
- ECHA identifies nearly 300 chemicals for regulatory action.
- European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) issues guidance to applicants from the plastic sector, including on new transparency requirements.
For more detailed information on these developments, download a copy from our website. You can also subscribe to ensure that you receive our most recent edition each month.