We are pleased to share with you the latest edition of “frESH Law Horizons: Key Developments in UK & EU Environment, Safety and Health Law and Procedure”, a monthly newsletter that provides bite-size updates on EU and UK law, procedure and policy. This month, we summarize nearly 30 developments of interest within the UK and EU environmental, safety and health arena, including:
- The UK’s first contested prosecution under the Bribery Act 2010 s.7
- The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) fining a company for failure to ensure a product was made from legally harvested timber
- The Product Safety Office publishing a Code of Practice on product safety recalls and corrective actions
- An airport baggage and cargo handler being fined £502,000 for two accidents at Luton Airport in 2015
- The Court of Appeal reducing a £160,000 fine – issued for breach of Work at Height Regulations 2005 – by £50,000 to reflect mitigation
For more detailed information on these developments, as well as access to the remaining summaries, make sure you download a copy from our website. You can also subscribe to ensure you receive our most recent edition every month.