We are pleased to share with you the latest edition of “frESH Law Horizons: Key Developments in UK & EU Environment, Safety and Health Law and Procedure”, our monthly newsletter that provides bite-sized updates on EU and UK law, procedure and policy. This month we review more than 30 developments that may be of interest to those in the environmental, safety and health sector, including:
- A Health and Safety Executive (HSE) report into two separate £1 million fatal injury fines
- HSE investigation into a surveyor’s failure to detect asbestos, and asbestos-related safety issues arising as a result
- The Food Standards Agency consultation on the commercial production of pet food in food establishments
- The Court of Appeal reduction of a fine (by £275,000) to reflect an agreement between the parties
- An Opera house’s liability under Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 for damage to a viola player’s hearing
For more detailed information on these developments, as well as access to the remaining summaries, make sure you download a copy from our website. You can also subscribe to ensure you receive our most recent edition every month.