Our Environmental, Safety & Health team is pleased to share with you the latest edition of our monthly newsletter, frESH Law Horizons: Key Developments in UK & EU Environment, Safety and Health Law and Procedure; providing bite-size updates on EU and UK law, procedure and policy.
This month’s edition includes the following:
- The Home Office has published its response to the fire safety consultation for England.
- Modern slavery – registry launched and guide to powers also published.
- The Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS) has published a call for evidence seeking views on changes to the UK product safety regime.
- Thames Water fined £2.3 million for foreseeable pollution from sewage discharge.
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) published its Industrial Decarbonisation Strategy.
- New energy efficiency legislation announced by UK government, and response to eco-design consultation.
- Government confirmed in consultation response the 2030 date for ending sales of new petrol and diesel cars and vans.
- DEFRA consults on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) national implementation plan (NIP).
- BEIS consults on mandatory climate-related financial disclosures by publicly quoted companies, large private companies and limited liability partnerships (LLPs).
- DEFRA announces second consultations on extended producer responsibility (EPR) for packaging and a deposit return scheme (DRS) for drinks containers.