Our Environmental, Safety & Health team is pleased to share with you the latest edition of our monthly newsletter, frESH Law Horizons: Key Developments in UK & EU Environment, Safety and Health Law and Procedure; providing bite-size updates on EU and UK law, procedure and policy.
The updates covered in this month’s edition include (among others):
- Court imposing a fine may take into account a business’s financial health in the future and the potential impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) publishes guidance on managing home workers’ health and safety
- The HSE publishes its response on proposed amendments to the PPE regulations
- Oil company is fined following a liquid petroleum gas (LPG) leak
- Health and safety data: Latest workplace fatality, ill-health and enforcement statistics are released, showing a decrease in prosecutions and reporting that workplace stress, anxiety and depression causes half of work-related illness
- Call for evidence on assessment of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) regulatory options in Great Britain
- UK REACH registration deadlines are deferred and a new model is being considered
- Plastic packaging tax – updates to guidance and amending legislation are issued
- Severn Trent Water is fined £1.5 million for sewage discharges
- European Commission presents a new regime on recycled plastic food contact material (FCM) and articles
- European Commission proposes new rules against environmental crime
- ECHA announces that its scientific committees support further restrictions of PFAS
- ECHA reports on widespread non-compliance of articles sold online
For more detailed information on these developments, download a copy from our website. You can also subscribe to ensure that you receive our most recent edition each month.